Re: Possible dcache BUG

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Fri Aug 06 2004 - 20:30:01 EST

On Friday 06 August 2004 19:03, Denis Vlasenko wrote:
>Hi Gene,
>
>Please do not remove my address from To or CC
>fields, I can miss your emails otherwise.

Denis:
Mmm, sorry. I was in the habit of using a button on kmail that
replies only to the mailing list, thinking that then I wasn't
bombarding everyone with 2 or more copies of my replies. I've now
re-arranged it so that I have a "reply all" button, and will use that
one from now on unless the subject is really OT.

Linus:
One comment re the patch, I'm seeing a huge slowdown in the seti
processing, its only done about 2.5 units since 6am local, and it
should be well into the 4th by now.

Anybody:
Speaking of somewhat OT, what is the command I should use to actually
turn on the PREEMPT option in the kernel? Its on in the compile, but
I think I read someplace where I had to do an "echo 1 >someplace
in /proc" to actually enable it. I've survived over 24 hours now
with the patch Linus sent, and I thought maybe I'd get some exersize
pushing my luck :)

[...]

--
Cheers Denis, Gene