Re: Solving suspend-level confusion

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt
Date: Fri Aug 06 2004 - 17:29:58 EST

> > Very easy... with the current code, just use state 4 for the round
> > of suspend callbacks, ide-disk will then avoid spinning down.
>
> There are some network drivers that test for "4" and fails suspend
> with something like "invalid suspend state" :-(.

Easily fixed. Again, i'm not afraid of fixing driver, few enough of
them care at all at this point. I'll send some patches this week-end
to patrick for his bk tree adding the basic ppc support and renumbering
the PM callbacks, I havne't changed the type yet though, that's a more
tedious work and I'm a lazy guy ;)

I have taken care of various fbdev's too, though for some like atyfb,
I'm blocked until the new rewritten version gets upstream. I'm trying
to get it to -mm at least, news soon on this front.

I'll do other drivers asap.

Ben.