disabling all video

From: Davy Durham
Date: Fri Aug 06 2004 - 15:11:24 EST

Sorry if this is the wrong list to ask this.. direct me to the correct list if so...

Question: I would like the kernel not to use any of the video hardware on the machine. Is there any run-time kernel parameter I can pass to disable all video? (I tried console= to direct output to the serial port, but ttys were still using the vga hardware.) My video card is built onto the mother board, and there is no way I see to disable it from the BIOS.

I was hoping there was an option such as vga=disable or video=null or something like that, but I've looked thru the docs and cannot find anything.

Thanks,
Davy