USB2 DVD+R/RW Writer issues

From: Mike
Date: Fri Aug 06 2004 - 00:06:39 EST

I have an external USB 2.0/Firewire HP DVD200E DVD+R/RW drive, connected to
my system through an after-market USB 2.0 card. My USB 2.0 card has a VIA
VT6212 chipset. I cannot use this drive when it is connected to the card.
DVDs will not read or write and CDs will not read or write. Attempting to
mount a DVD or a CD results in various errors being spit out. I have EHCI
compiled into my kernel, along with UHCI to support my system's stock USB
1.1 host controller (which works fine.) Additionally, USB Mass-Storage is
compiled into my kernel.

I have SCSI Generic and SCSI CDROM support compiled into my kernel as well.
I can provide any additional information upon request. Any information about
whether this is a known bug, or any assistance would be greatly appreciated.