Re: block layer sg, bsg

From: YOSHIFUJI Hideaki / 吉藤英明
Date: Thu Aug 05 2004 - 22:46:58 EST

In article <20040805114917.GC31944@xxxxxx> (at 5 Aug 2004 13:49:17 +0200,Thu, 5 Aug 2004 13:49:17 +0200), Andi Kleen <ak@xxxxxx> says:

> > > Well, 32bit ipsec on x86-64/ia64 is a NOP because of that.
> >
> > Hmm, I don't get the point.
> > What part (or which structore) is broken?
>
> xfrm_usersa_info due to inclusion of xfrm_lifetime_cfg/xfrm_lifetime_cur
> The xfrm layer uses it like an array, but they have different sizes
> on x86-64 and i386.

Thanks for clarifications, David and Andi.
Okay, I now recognize that the difference of layouts, one on 32bit mode
and one on 64bit mode is the problem.

I'd suggest changing XFRM_MSG_xxx things to 64bit-aware structures,
whose layouts do not change between 64bit mode and 32bit mode.
Of course, they will come with backward compatibility stuff.
If you don't mind this, I'd like to take care of this.

Thanks.

--yoshfuji