Re: Firewire hard drives

From: Erik Steffl
Date: Thu Aug 05 2004 - 15:46:40 EST

John Stoffel wrote:
Caleb> Has anyone had any luck getting there external firewire hard
Caleb> drive to mount? my laptop is running suse9.0 and detects the
Caleb> firewire hub and works great with my usb devices but when I
Caleb> plug in the firewire hdd it boots the device but I can`t mount
Caleb> it.

(sorry, missed the original post)

I am using iPod as firewire disk, works fairly OK except of: sometime it gets into state when system does not recognize the new SCSI disk (it looks like SCSI disk) and nothing helps (unloading modules, disconnecting the device etc.), didn't investigate enough to figure out why (firewire drivers recognize the device but rescanning scsi doesn't find the disk), only reboot helps (out of the options I tried). This is not a bug report, just FYI, I don't have enough details to actually ask for help...

erik