Re: 2.6.8-rc2-mm2, schedstat-2.6.8-rc2-mm2-A4.patch

From: Rick Lindsley
Date: Thu Aug 05 2004 - 14:07:03 EST

Adrian's problem was due to using schedstats on a non CONFIG_SMP system,
which I hadn't tried since sched-domains was added. I'll send a patch
to you separately against this tree

http://www.zip.com.au/~akpm/linux/patches/stuff/x.bz2.

to address that.

Since schedstats digs deep into the internals of the scheduler, major
scheduler changes will probably always require some major revamping
of schedstats, at least to deprecate old counters and possibly to add
new ones. I think, though, that after this initial settling-in period
minor scheduler changes should result in just tweaks to schedstat.

Rick