Re: [RFC/PATCH] FUSYN Realtime & robust mutexes for Linux, v2.3.1

From: Ulrich Drepper
Date: Thu Aug 05 2004 - 03:24:12 EST

Andrew Morton wrote:
> But doesn't the current futex code continue to work unchanged?

If the patches don't touch the existing futex code there is no risk of
breaking anything. Futexes and these new objects have nothing to do
with each other.

> I was referring to "scheduling-policy based unlock/wakeup", actually.

We don't have anything like this for futexes. It's not impossible to
do, we just didn't do it because it was of not much interest to us at
that time.

--
â Ulrich Drepper â Red Hat, Inc. â 444 Castro St â Mountain View, CA â