Re: 2.6.8-rc2-mm2 performance improvements (scheduler?)

From: Rick Lindsley
Date: Thu Aug 05 2004 - 00:21:53 EST

Rick showed me schedstats graphs of the two ... it seems to have lower
latency, does less rebalancing, fewer pull_tasks, etc, etc. Everything
looks better ... he'll send them out soon, I think (hint, hint).

Okay, they're done. Here's the URL of the graphs:

http://eaglet.rain.com/rick/linux/staircase/scase-vs-noscase.html

General summary: as Martin reported, we're seeing improvements in a number
of areas, at least with sdet. The graphs as listed there represent stats
from four separate sdet runs run sequentially with an increasing load.
(We're trying to see if we can get the information from each run separately,
rather than the aggregate -- one of the hazards of an automated test
harness :)

Rick