Re: [2.6.8-rc2-bk] New read/write bug in FAT fs

From: walt
Date: Wed Aug 04 2004 - 08:25:00 EST

walt wrote:

Even when a fat32 fs is mounted read-write I now get error
messages claiming the fs is 'read-only' when I try to write
to it.

Okay, I've now found the comments about specifying values
for iocharset and codepage, and read-write works again.

However, IMHO the 'mount' command should simply refuse to
mount a FATfs read/write unless iocharset and codepage are
specified. As things stand now, 'mount' reports the fs is
mounted rw when it simply is not true.