Re: KVM & mouse wheel

From: Marko Macek
Date: Tue Aug 03 2004 - 23:29:39 EST

Jesper Juhl wrote:

<>I also had problems with my KVM switch and mouse when I initially moved to
2.6, but adding this kernel boot parameter fixed it, meybe it will help
you as well : psmouse.proto=imps

This doesn't help. Only the patch I sent helps me. The problem is that the
even with psmouse.proto=imps or exps, the driver still probes for synaptics which I
consider a bug.

My mouse is a "Logitec MouseMan Wheel" (USB mouse, but connected to the

I have this one too (besides MX), same problem. The problem is really the
KVM switch and the 2.6 mouse driver.

Mark