Re: Solving suspend-level confusion

From: Nigel Cunningham
Date: Tue Aug 03 2004 - 21:47:39 EST

Hi.

On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 12:28, David Brownell wrote:
> > Right now, we are trying to at least get the full system suspend
> > working, we can work on fixing partial-tree suspend (which is what you
> > want there) later.
>
> The "partial tree suspend" works only for the degenerate
> tree: every device in the system! Wakeup events also need
> some more attention.
>
> There's now some partial-tree code in CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND (for
> developers only), but jumping from USB into the next level driver
> (SCSI, video, etc) raises questions.

I've also done partial-tree support for suspend2 by making a new list
(along side the active, off and off_irq lists) and simply moving devices
I want to keep on (plus their parents) to this list prior to calling
device_suspend. Works well for keeping alive the ide devices being used
write the image.

Regards,

Nigel