libata-core, 2.4.27-rc3, and scsi_unregister_module()

From: Andrew Chew
Date: Mon Aug 02 2004 - 18:44:22 EST

I noticed that in ata_pci_remove_one, that scsi_unregister_module() is
being called for the SCSI host template. I also noticed that the SATA
drivers are calling scsi_unregister_module() in their cleanup routines
as well. Is this work-in-progress, or an actual bug? In any case, the
scsi_unregister_module() call in ata_pci_remove_one() takes an exception
with a NULL sht upon driver unload (when I'm experimenting with the
sata_nv module). Commenting out the scsi_unregister_module() call in
ata_pci_remove_one() fixes things.