HIGHMEM4G config for 1GB RAM on desktop?

From: Steve Snyder
Date: Mon Aug 02 2004 - 16:05:28 EST

There seems to be a controversy about the use of the CONFIG_HIGHMEM4G
kernel configuration. After reading many posts on the subject, I still
don't know which setting is best for me.

My x86 system has 1.0GB of installed memory and is primarily used as a
desktop environment. I don't have any SCSI devices that might require a
high-memory buffer. Should I enable the CONFIG_HIGHMEM4G config for this
environment or not?

Thanks.