Re: DRM code reorganization

From: Jon Smirl
Date: Mon Aug 02 2004 - 15:43:53 EST

We are really short handed for kernel level DRM developers; most 3D
developers work in user space. The main person that wrote it, Gareth
Hughes, doesn't seem to work on it any more. Right now there are three
to four, non-paid people working part-time on DRM.

How about you kernel developers working in other areas giving us a hand
with reorganizing the DRM code? You don't need to know anything about
3D you would just be reworking the code without changing how it
functions.

It would seem to me like companies counting on desktop Linux might want
to spend a few dollars on getting a better graphics sub-system.

=====
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl@xxxxxxxxx