Booting from an I2O Adaptec zcr card

From: Smith, Hibbard
Date: Mon Aug 02 2004 - 15:19:01 EST

Okay, this is probably a stupid question, but I can't find the answer anywhere:

How can I use (kernel-2.6.7-bk20 or 2.6.8-rc2-bk11) the i2o driver as the boot driver with an Adaptec 2010S zcr adapter and a dual channel 7902. I was able to get this working using the dpt-i2o driver, but since that seems to be going away and the i2o driver is replacing it, I'd like to use it instead. I have all 4 parts of the i2o driver built (as modules) in my kernel, but what changes are required to make it load at boot time and booting through it instead of the dpt-i2o driver. Is this as simple as aliasing scsihostadapter to i2o in /etc/modprobe.conf? If so, which of the 4 modules that comprise this driver would be referenced? assuming I can get by this issue, the RAID 5 on this adapter will show up as /dev/i2o/hda (now it's /dev/sda), at least that's what I glean from reading various stuff. If that's so, will grub be able to find the boot drive? It's configured in grub.conf as a labeled drive. (label = /).

Smitty
Hibbard T. Smith, JR
Associate Vice President
Telecommunications Technical Services/Software Services
hibbard.smith@xxxxxxxxxx
(203)385-4580