2.6.8-rc2-mm2 with usb and input problems

From: Norbert Preining
Date: Mon Aug 02 2004 - 11:31:37 EST

Hi Andrew, hi list!

I tried 2.6.8-rc2-mm2 and I still don't get it to work properly for me.
The last kernel which really worked was 2.6.7-mm5. I experience the
following problems:

- USB deadlocking
USB is still deadlocky, quite often process hang in D+ state.
Is there something similar to usb-deadlock.fix which I could
apply to 2.6.7-mm6, but which stumbles over 2.6.8-rc2-mm2?

- psmouse/synaptics
If I have usb as module, I cannot get synaptics to be recognized.
Dmitry recommended making psaux driver as modules, but I cannot
get it as module, because INPUT is automatically set to y, etc
How is it possible to have USB modular and still get synaptics
recognized? (or is a modular USB not necessary for S2R now that
we have CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND?)

To recount the last question:
Is it still necessary for S2R to have USB modular, or is the usb
subsystem slowly ready for use without getting unloaded?

Thanks a lot for the great work and all the best

Norbert

Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at> Technische Universität Wien