Re: 2.6.8-rc2-mm2

From: Con Kolivas
Date: Mon Aug 02 2004 - 08:09:40 EST

Andrew Morton wrote:
ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.8-rc2/2.6.8-rc2-mm2/
- Added Con's staircase CPU scheduler.

This will probably have to come out again because various people are still
fiddling with the CPU scheduler. But my feeling here is that the current
1st-gen CPU scheduler has been tweaked as far as it can go and is still not
100% right. It is time to start thinking about a new design which addresses
the requirements and current problems by algorithmic means rather than by
tweaking. Removing over 300 lines from the scheduler is a good sign.

Feedback on this patch is sought.

Anyone with feedback on this please cc me. This was developed separately from the -mm series which has heaps of other scheduler patches which were not trivial to merge with so there may be teething problems. Good reports dont hurt either ;)

Cheers,
Con