Re: 2.6.8-rc2-mm2

From: Rik van Riel
Date: Mon Aug 02 2004 - 07:12:05 EST

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004, Andrew Morton wrote:

> - Added Rik's token-based load control patch. The VM currently has pretty
> bad performance problems under heavy swapping loads and this patch speeds up
> simple tests most impressively. People who care about these things: please
> test and measure.

I would really appreciate any testing results on this, both good
and bad. I want to get this thing tuned and into a generally good
shape for use by everybody upstream.

I'm especially interested in how this affects compute servers,
desktops and heavily overloaded network servers (the "spamassassin
slowed my system to a crawl" symptom would be one to test ;)).

I suspect the patch may need some tweaking to help interactivity
in some cases, but maybe it'll already work magically by itself...