Re: [Fastboot] Re: Announce: dumpfs v0.01 - common RAS output API

From: Matthias Urlichs
Date: Sat Jul 31 2004 - 09:02:19 EST

Hi, Andrew Morton wrote:

> See above. We assume that network RX DMA won't be scribbling in the 16MB
> which was pre-reserved. That's reasonable. We _have_ to assume that.

If you wait a few seconds before verifying that the checksum of the
rescue kernel is still correct, then you should be able to be reasonably
sure that there won't be any corruption.

Nothing's 100% here, of course. But the chances that a delayed network DMA
causes the rescue kernel to write its dump data to an area it shouldn't
write to are small enough not to matter. IMHO.

--
Matthias Urlichs