Re: [Fastboot] Re: Announce: dumpfs v0.01 - common RAS output API

From: Manfred Spraul
Date: Fri Jul 30 2004 - 10:02:35 EST

Andrew wrote:

btw, if we simply insert a five-second-pause, what problems does that
leave? Network Rx, which is OK. Disk writes will have completed (?). What remains?

I'd disagree: as soon as the IOMMU is reconfigured/reused Network Rx could become a problem: it could point to new io areas of the kexec'ed kernel.

Btw, what's the preferred approach to clear the pci master bit: forcedeth writes to freed buffers after ifdown right now. I'll add a reset into the _close function, but disabling the master bit is probably better.

--
Manfred