Re: [Fastboot] Re: Announce: dumpfs v0.01 - common RAS output API

From: Eric W. Biederman
Date: Thu Jul 29 2004 - 11:28:37 EST

"Martin J. Bligh" <mbligh@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> IIRC, what Adam did is to relocate the bottom 16MB of mem into the
> reserved buffer and execute into the bottom 16MB. Yes, that probably does
> leave some DMA issues that we should fix up as you suggest above, but I
> think it's good enough for a first pass at the problem.

I guess I don't have a problem with that as long as I don't have to
chase the bugs.

If I do have to chase the bugs I would rather call the shutdown methods
and just say things don't _yet_ work in cases where it is not safe
to call them.

I guess I just like to be easily to explain what does not work _yet_.

With running at the same addresses we also have a rogue cpu problem as
well. If we don't kill the cpu before the new kernel starts what happens
if it starts executing some random bit of the new code...

Eric