Re: mke2fs -j goes nuts on 3Ware 8506-4LP

From: Jason L Tibbitts III
Date: Thu Jul 29 2004 - 10:36:49 EST

MW> Ok - it seems it doesn't matter what kind of slot its in then -
MW> mine is in a 32bit/33MHz slot.

It's not hard to saturate a bus at that speed, but you don't seem to
be getting to that point.

My experience with 3ware cards is that they will happily saturate any
bus you plug them into as long as the drives are fast enough. On a
machine with a 3w7506-8 card on each of two buses running software
RAID striping across them, both cards will saturate their respective
buses. (I have a few machines like this.) I really doubt that the
cards are the root of the issue here.

- J<