Re: fixing usb suspend/resuming

From: Nigel Cunningham
Date: Thu Jul 29 2004 - 07:22:56 EST

Hi.

On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 18:35, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Plus, some PCI drivers (ide disk?) want to do different thing on S3 and swsusp:
> it does not make much sense to spindown before swsusp.

Regarding the spinning down before suspending to disk, I have a patch in
my version that adds support for excluding part of the device tree when
calling drivers_suspend. I take the bdevs we're writing the image to,
trace the structures to get the relevant device tree entry/ies and then
move (in the correct order) those devices and their parents from the
active devices list to a 'dont' touch' list (I don't call it that in
code). I can then safely suspend the remaining devices without powering
down the ones being used for suspend. I'm not sure of the context of
your conversation but if it's helpful, I'll send a patch.

Nigel