[BUG][2.6.7+(or eariler)] Switching from LCD to external video w/ no external video connected causes deadlock

From: Shawn Starr
Date: Wed Jul 28 2004 - 21:47:19 EST

I've noticed a few people with IBM Thinkpads running 2.6.7+ - different
models - have this problem. I don't know where in 2.6 this begin happening
though.

When you use the function key and switch from LCD to External Video, the
system deadlocks.
While ssh'd into the laptop the system has deadlocked once I switched video.
Unfortunately, I don't have a USB <-> Serial dongle handy yet ;-)

The Video card is a ATI Radeon 9600 64MB RAM, kernel has no framebuffer
support enabled.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks.

Shawn.