Re: [patch] IRQ threads

From: Karim Yaghmour
Date: Wed Jul 28 2004 - 15:06:47 EST

Lee Revell wrote:
I am familiar with Adeos, as well as other hard-RT solutions for Linux. I did my homework before deciding that I do not in fact need hard-RT, so
I really am not interested in your flamewars, keep them on your RT
mailing lists.

The part that was obvious commercially motivated FUD (and which you
omitted) t in which you badmouth TimeSys and its services, then Your
.sig states that you are a consultant specializing in realtime and
embedded Linux.

And your point is ... ??? Should everyone on this list who's working for
a company that is involved in a certain speciality field stop commenting
on the solutions proposed by people working for other companies?

This style of attack is called sophism, and it is total crap for the
educated crowd. Attacking someone based on who he works for and what he
does has nothing to do with actually presenting a case against his
arguments.

The personal experiences I've stated before have happened. Lest you
suggest that those of us who have had bad experiences with certain
pieces of technology should shut-up and not voice our complaints for
fear of offending someone out there? Sorry, I don't live in Disneyland.

If you're not interested in hard-rt, that's you're business. Others
on this list have expressed interest in the past for this, and you
are welcome to ignore any traffic in this regard. For my part, I
will get involved whenever I see someone suggesting something that
relates to real-time because this is a topic I'm interested in.
What a surprise that I'm actually working in a field I'm interested
in ... sheesh ...

Karim
--
Author, Speaker, Developer, Consultant
Pushing Embedded and Real-Time Linux Systems Beyond the Limits