Re: [2.6 PATCH] front buttons wouldn't mute ESS Maestro

From: Samuel Thibault
Date: Wed Jul 28 2004 - 13:41:59 EST

Hi,

Le mer 28 jui 2004 à 19:32:43 +0200, Takashi Iwai a tapoté sur son clavier :
> ALSA doesn't unmute automatically, so I'm afraid that we'll need a
> code for that, too.

Well, that's not necessarily a need: provided that the *mix program you
uses does unmute, there's no trouble: I tested aumix, which does fine,
and alsamixer, which indeed doesn't unmute, but has a key for this, and
it fact, in might be useful to change volume level while muted, and then
suddenly unmute.

Regards,
Samuel