Re: Interesting race condition...

From: Rob Landley
Date: Wed Jul 28 2004 - 11:47:48 EST

On Wednesday 28 July 2004 03:05, Paul Jackson wrote:
> Rob wrote:
> > I just saw a funky thing. Here's the cut and past from the xterm...
>
> Can you reproduce this by cat'ing /proc/<pid>/cmdline? Can you get a
> dump of the proc cmdline file to leak the environment sometimes?

I saw it exactly once, I'm afraid. Somebody else said they also saw it...
once. It smelled to me like a race condition, with the process
starting/exiting right as ps looked at it, but I haven't seen it again. (I
could run the command in a loop overnight...)

Rob
--
www.linucon.org: Linux Expo and Science Fiction Convention
October 8-10, 2004 in Austin Texas. (I'm the con chair.)