Re: OOM-killer going crazy.

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Tue Jul 27 2004 - 20:04:57 EST

Ed Sweetman wrote:
Nick Piggin wrote:

OK so it does sound like a different problem.

I didn't follow your other thread closely... does /proc/slabinfo
show any evidence of a leak?

Surprisingly no. You'd think that since the kernel is responsible for saying what memory can't be touched or swapped out it would have some sort of tag on the huge 600MB of ram I currently can't do anything with since i burned that audio cd but slabinfo doesn't seem to show anything about it. Maybe i'm reading it wrong.

It could be memory coming straight out of the page allocator that
isn't being freed.

Jens, any ideas?