Re: clearing filesystem cache for I/O benchmarks

From: Timothy Miller
Date: Tue Jul 27 2004 - 14:34:53 EST

Benjamin Rutt wrote:
Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxx> writes:

(Please don't remove people from the email recipient list when doing kernel
work.)

Sorry, I'm reading via gmane and my newsreader doesn't make it
straightforward to do so. But I'll do it manually for you.

I haven't been paying attention, and I don't know if anyone's already suggested this, but going on the title, have you considered running the same benchmark more than once and just throwing away the first result?