tty1 and italian charset ...

From: Emiliano 'AlberT' Gabrielli
Date: Mon Jul 26 2004 - 10:04:15 EST

Hi all,

I'm not sure not to be OT, if so plz apologize me...

I'm fighting against a problem with "ÃÃÃÃÃ" characters on my laptop since I
switched to 2.6.0 ... The problem persists nowaday with 2.67 (various
recompilations, with or without nvidia module loaded, and so on ...)

I already used "loadkeys it" and it seems to success, but tty1 still doesn't
prints "ÃÃÃÃÃ" characters.

The very strange thing, that let me suppose some kerenl-related issue, is that
_every_ other tty is working fine, as it does every xterm session...

I'mwriteing now becouse just iesterday I installed a new server and I got the
same problem here.

My laptop is running a Debian SID, the new server is running a Debian Sarge.

On both machines I'm using 2.6.7 (both debian binaries and a self compiled
vanilla) with udev, sysfs and hotplug... my console-tools version is 0.2.3

Any suggestion ???

thank you in advance

--
<?php echo ' Emiliano `AlberT` Gabrielli ',"\n",
' E-Mail: AlberT_AT_SuperAlberT_it ',"\n",