Re: via-velocity problem

From: Francois Romieu
Date: Sun Jul 25 2004 - 16:48:33 EST

Ferenc Kubinszky <ferenc.kubinszky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> :
[...]
> I use modules...

I did not made my point clear. You previously said:
[...]
> I have a via-velocity gigabit ethernet controller on my Abit KV8pro
> motherboard. I tried it with kernel 2.6.7-rc1, 2.6.7-rc2 and the
> 2.6.7-rc1-mm1 drivermodule in 2.6.7-rc2 on A Debian SID.
>
> If I load it at the command promt, it seems to be working without any
> problem. I can set up an IP address etc.

Did the 'etc' include 'and wget (or similar app) works fine' ?

[...]
> Attached.

Thanks.
Can you check if there is a backup file of the dmesg after boot
in your /var/log (or elsewhere) ? The very first lines of the dmesg
have been cut.²

> Now, the machine hangs when I try to test the module :(
> First time ping -s1000 -i0.2 worked, but after that the machine died...

A few more details could help:
- can you reproduce this misbehavior if the fglrx module is never loaded
after boot ?
- assuming sysrq has no effect (?), are the keyboard leds dead or do they
still answer after lockup ?
- is the driver able to send/receive more than 64 packets during a simple
ping (no -i option) ?

--
Ueimor