cdrom: dropping to single frame dma

From: David Ford
Date: Sun Jul 25 2004 - 14:30:14 EST

I've been trying to rip my CDs onto my HD, and last night after about 7 CDs I realized I was getting junk and it was taking forever to rip a CD. I'm using 2.6.8-rc2 and I have two different CD-ROMs in my machine. Both are burners.

I got a single "cdrom: dropping to single frame dma" message which according to my research is part of the culprit.

See the thread on LKML back on 5/15/2004 titled "dma ripping", and again on 6/15 titled "cdrom ripping / dropping to dingle frame dma" -- yes that's a "d".

I'm guessing that Jens' patch for this didn't make it into the kernel.

David

begin:vcard
fn:David Ford
n:Ford;David