USB trouble since 2.6.8-rc1...

From: Wes Janzen
Date: Thu Jul 22 2004 - 18:47:57 EST

I've been having trouble with USB since 2.6.8-rc1; khubd ends up blocking on something which makes USB hotplugging stop working (and only half my devices even get initialized). I did get 2.6.8-rc1 to work once though it seemed to help inserting modules before calling hotplug. However I haven't been able to repeat that during my last 5 attempts with no changes besides a reboot. I'm running 2.6.7-ck5 right now with no apparent problems.

I haven't done extensive testing, but things seemed to work OK until I plugged in my Belkin F5U231 4-port multi-tt hub. My other hub is a 4-port single-tt Belkin F5U224.

I've attached the usb messages from 2.6.8-rc2 booting with the hub attached and then the little bit I see in the log if I don't plug-in the F5U231 until after the rest of the USB devices have been attached.

Please let me know what further information or action on my behalf will help find the solution to this problem.

Thanks

Wes Janzen