aio-stress test added to OSDL STP

From: Judith Lebzelter
Date: Thu Jul 22 2004 - 11:16:50 EST

Hello;

'aio-stress' is now available as a new test on the Scalable Test
Platform:
http://www.osdl.org/lab_activities/kernel_testing/stp/

We'd (especially cliffw) like to apologize to akpm for taking way too
long to do this.

Here are results for linux-2.6.7 on a 2CPU host:
http://khack.osdl.org/stp/295155/

The test runs on our 1, 2 and 4 CPU hosts. By default it runs with
2 X 1G files, 4 X 1G files and 8 X 1G files on those hosts, respectively.
Each request runs once with the '-O' option (on 2.6 kernels) and once
without. It is compiled with libaio-0.3.99-2.

Most of the usual options are available: -r for record size,
-s for file size, -t for number of threads, -S for O_SYNC with writes.
Additionally, -F sets the number of files and -f sets file system type.

We will run it automatically on the mainline kernels.

Thanks;

Judith Lebzelter
OSDL