Re: No rule to make target `net/ipv4/netfilter/ipt_ecn.o'

From: Harald Welte
Date: Thu Jul 22 2004 - 09:02:50 EST

On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 03:57:14AM -0400, Povolotsky, Alexander wrote:
> Hi,
> I created such elf.h file and placed it into /usr/include under Cygwin in Z:
> It works (the problem is solved) - so consider it to be tested now !

> PS But the compilation did not complete, the next error is:
>
> make[3]: *** No rule to make target
> `net/ipv4/netfilter/ipt_ecn.o', needed by `net/ipv4/netfilter/built-in.o'.
> Stop.
> make[2]: *** [net/ipv4/netfilter] Error 2
> make[1]: *** [net/ipv4] Error 2
> make: *** [net] Error 2

crosscompiling the linux kernel from an OS with broken (aka case-independent)
filesystem (like FAT / VFAT / NTFS) will not work for
netfilter/iptables, since we have things like ipt_tos.c (tos match) and
ipt_TTL.c (tos target).

--
- Harald Welte <laforge@xxxxxxxxxxxx> http://www.gnumonks.org/
Programming is like sex: One mistake and you have to support it your lifetime