How do I enable UDMA mode of IDE on Promise FastTrak100

From: Malik Ali
Date: Mon Jul 19 2004 - 10:45:57 EST

I had install RH8 with Promise Fasttrak100 driver. I
had followed the instruction as mentioned in readme of
driver downloaded from intel download center. I had
Intel S845WD1-E board with on board PDC20267
controller.

The installation completed without hickups. I found
/dev/sda as my Raid-0 device and finally I mounted the
ext3 filesystem on it.

But the Problem is that I didn't get the performance
from raid-0 device even poor performance then regular
non-raid device. However here is part of dmesg
Kernel command line: ro root=LABEL=/ ide0=0x1f0,0x3f6
ide1=0x170,0x376 ide2=0 ide3=0 ide4=0 ide5=0 ide6=0
ide7=0 ide8=0 ide9=0
ide0: BM-DMA at 0xffa0-0xffa7, BIOS settings: hdaMA,
hdbMA
PDC20267: IDE controller on PCI bus 02 dev 70
PCI: Found IRQ 9 for device 02:0e.0
PDC20267: chipset revision 2
PDC20267: not 100% native mode: will probe irqs later
PDC20267: (U)DMA Burst Bit ENABLED Primary MASTER Mode
Secondary MASTER Mode.
PDC20267: too many IDE interfaces, no room in table
PDC20267: too many IDE interfaces, no room in table
PDC20267: neither IDE port enabled (BIOS)
--> Look at last three lines, isn't questionable?
Why these two ides got room in table?
Why neither IDE port enabled (BIOS)?

now look here

# cat /proc/ide/pdc202xx

PDC20267 Chipset.
------------------------------- General Status
---------------------------------
Burst Mode : enabled
Host Mode : Normal
Bus Clocking : 66 External
IO pad select : 10 mA
Status Polling Period : 0
Interrupt Check Status Polling Delay : 0
--------------- Primary Channel ----------------
Secondary Channel -------------
enabled enabled
66 Clocking disabled disabled
Mode MASTER Mode MASTER
FIFO Empty FIFO Empty
--------------- drive0 --------- drive1 --------
drive0 ---------- drive1 ------
DMA enabled: no no no no
DMA Mode: UDMA 4 NOTSET UDMA 4 NOTSET
PIO Mode: PIO 4 NOTSET PIO 4 NOTSET

--> DMA enabled no no ...?

Wht I feel that if I somehow I enabled DMA i might get
the performance.

please any one could help me it will be
appreciateable.
If my arguments are wrong plz let me correct.

THX

MALIK