Re: momentary sensors failure in gkrellm2

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Fri Jul 16 2004 - 13:03:28 EST

On Friday 16 July 2004 10:27, Jean Delvare wrote:
>Hi Gene,
[...]
> I've no idea which of the patches involving the i2c stuff wasn't
>> right for my chipset (via686 & winbond 697hf IIRC), but something
>> broke it just for 2.6.8-rc1.
>
>That's odd since there isn't much difference, if any, between the
> i2c subsystems of all three kernel versions.
>
>You could try 2.6.8-rc1-bk4 (or any later bk) which has had a
> significant i2c subsystem update.
>
>If you are able to reproduce the problem (presumably with your
> 2.6.8-rc1 kernel), hints about where the problem lies would help.
> Can you see the sysfs files for your monitoring chip under
> /sys/bus/i2c/devices? Are there any relevant error messages in the
> logs? I cannot help much from just "it didn't work", as you must
> realize.

In trying to reproduce it again today, I wasn't able to do so. This
mobo has developed a mild case of memory alzheimers, and is on its
way to the bin as noted in my private message to Jean.

Please excuse the noise, list, but I did reproduce it twice 2 days ago
before I posted that message.

[...]

--
Cheers, Gene
There are 4 boxes to be used in defense of liberty.