Re: New mobo question

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Fri Jul 16 2004 - 08:23:59 EST

On Friday 16 July 2004 08:15, Markus Schaber wrote:

>As far as I read him, he wants to build a kernel that runs on his
> new board as well as on his old board.
>
>Basically, he has to just compile a kernel that includes hardware
>support for both chipsets, and all of the other hardware that is on
> the boards. For processor selection, he should find the best
> compromise between both processors (so try to select one that has
> all features that both real processors have in common), and he
> might try the generic X86 optimizations, too.
>
>HTH,
>Markus

I think I'm headed in the right direction, this kernel now has the
AMD/nforce stuff builtin alongside the VIA. Invisible
to /var/log/dmesg.

Both cpu's are athlon XP's but the new one is 2x faster, besides, I
was losing ground at setiathome, all the new hardware was passing me.
Gotta play catchup. :-)

Thanks Markus

--
Cheers, Gene
There are 4 boxes to be used in defense of liberty.