Re: psmouse as module with suspend/resume

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Fri Jul 16 2004 - 01:01:29 EST

On Thursday 15 July 2004 03:54 pm, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> Greetings.
>
> I am having a bit of an issue with psmouse and suspend/resume.
> I am using the swsusp2, which is working great... (Thanks Nigel!)
>
> However:
>
> If I compile psmouse as a module and leave it in and suspend/resume
> when the laptop comes back the mouse doesn't work at all.
>
> If I compile psmouse as a module and unload before suspend, and reload
> after resume, the mouse works for simple movement, but all the
> advanced synaptics features no longer work. No tap for mouse button,
> no scolling, etc.
>
> If I compile psmouse in everything works after a suspend/resume cycle.

There should not be any differences between module and compiled version.
Could you please change #undef DEBUG to #define DEBUG in
drivers/input/serio/i8042.c module and post the full dmesg (you may have
to use log_buf_size=131072 and 'dmesg -s 131072' to get the full dmesg).

> I would like to be able to compile psmouse as a module. Does anyone
> see any reason the synaptics stuff wouldn't work after a
> unload/reload?

When you reload do you do it from X or from text console? Do you have GPM
running? If some program has the device open when you reload a new device
will be created. X closes the device when switching to a text console, so
just kill GPM before reloading psmouse and it should help.

--
Dmitry