PCI configuration changes getting lost.

From: Max T. Woodbury
Date: Thu Jul 15 2004 - 14:27:25 EST

I'm having trouble with an old Thinkpad 760 ED.

The BIOS puts junk (0xFF) in the INTERRUPT_LINE register of the PCMCIA
configuration registers. I can put the correct value (0x05) in with
'setpci', but the information is not propagated to the /proc space.
The information is not preserved after an 'init 6'.

(There is at least one other BIOS induced problem with this machine
and PCI configuration registers but it is a bit less serious. I do
have the latest BIOS.)

What would be involved in updating the /proc information when 'setpci'
is used to change the configuration?

Does the other pci 'fixer' 'pcitweak' do a better job?

[Don't remove PCI from the subject line. I'm using it to keep track
of interesting things in this otherwise very noisy mailing list.]

max@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx