Via Velocity Concerns

From: augustus
Date: Wed Jul 14 2004 - 22:37:07 EST

I am testing the via velocity gigabit ethernet drivers in the 2.6.8-rc1
kernel. It seems to work fine unless it is compiled into the kernel. If
it is compiled in then it kernel panics as soon as it tries to bring up
the device with dhcpcd. If you load the driver as a module though, all is
fine.

The other concern is that the driver is under 10/100 driver and not 1000
drivers. It should be moved to avoid confusion. There is also a typo in
the help that states that the driver will be called via-rhine.o. It
should be via-velocity.o.

Please CC me on any replies. I am not subscribed to this list.

Thanks,
Kris Kersey (Augustus)
LinuxHardware.org Site Manager
augustus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx