[ANNOUNCE] Portable NBD server

From: Andy Isaacson
Date: Tue Jul 13 2004 - 12:46:52 EST

Apologies for the cross-post, but this is relevant to all three lists.
Please don't cross-post followups (unless they're relevant to several
lists); obey the Reply-To or reply to me directly.

The NBD server in nbd-2.7.1 from nbd.sourceforge.net doesn't compile on
non-Linux hosts, even though the server doesn't do anything inherently
nonportable. So I wrote a new one that should work fine on any POSIX
host with 'long long'.

I've successfully used it to recover log data on a dirty ext3 filesystem
that ended up in an OpenBSD box.

I hope this proves useful to someone.

http://web.hexapodia.org/~adi/nbd/nbdsvr-0.1.tar.gz
http://web.hexapodia.org/~adi/nbd/