Upgrading from RHL 7.3 to RHEL AS3 and using same old partitonon Raid Array

From: Bikram Assal
Date: Mon Jul 12 2004 - 15:57:55 EST

Hi,

I have 2 questions.

1) I m planning on upgrading from RHL 7.3 to RHEL AS3.
Is it possible to upgrade from RHL 7.3 to RHEL AS3 using the installation CD instead of going for the fresh install ?

2) Currently, we have been using DELL Raid Array.
At boot time, the system mounts the linux partition on the Raid Array.

I wanted to ask whether it is possible to keep the same old partition on Raid Array without losing any data on it and mounting that same partition after RHEL AS3 is installed on the system. Would I just need to add an entry in the /etc/fstab file to mount the linux partition on the Raid Array ???

Currently the partition is created on a logical device /dev/sdb1.

I hope I do not have to create the filesystem on Raid Array device again because of a fresh install because with that I would have to take backup of all the data on some other device and then recreate filesystem on the Raid Array and restore all the files again.

Please let me know what do you think about it.

- Bikram