Re: SiI SATA kernel driver

From: Sebastian Slota
Date: Mon Jul 12 2004 - 14:38:57 EST

Hi.

As far as I know ( using Sil 3114) the driver is called medley. its for 2.4
kernels and included in 2.4.27 (?) google for it and you'll find it.
Its a kind of software raid anyway...

For 2.6 kernels there should be used dm or md (dont know which).

Anyway I've tested linux software raid and have to tell that Raid0 is far
better with linux raid0! (if you got the right HDs!). Raid1 is the same.
You've nothing to gain using ~Sil Raid~!
Only when you have a Win system installed there too you'll have to use it!

My advise: Use Linux Software Raid! far better documented!!!

Tool I use: mdadm ( google for it if its not included in your distri! )

Sebastian