parport - interrupt sharing possible?

From: Ryan Underwood
Date: Sun Jul 11 2004 - 22:52:19 EST

Hi,

Does anyone know if the generic parport interrupt handler is okay (or not)
for sharing interrupts? The reason I ask is that I have a PCI parallel
card with two ports on it. Without a IRQ sharing capability, it is not
possible for both of them to operate in interrupt-driven mode. I tested
a quick hack to enable IRQ sharing:
http://home.icequake.net/~nemesis/parport.diff

and it seems to work okay with both ports in use. I'm hoping someone
more knowledgeable on the parallel port subject (Tim Waugh?) can shed
some light on whether this is acceptable or not. The interrupt handler
eventually ends up in parport_ieee1284_interrupt which really doesn't do
much besides wake up sleepers.

Thanks!

PS: Heh, the power just went out and back on as I wrote this. Giving thanks
for having multiple UPS units around!

--
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>