Re: [ck] Re: [announce] [patch] Voluntary Kernel Preemption Patch

From: Con Kolivas
Date: Sun Jul 11 2004 - 16:22:33 EST

Grzegorz Kulewski wrote:
On Sun, 11 Jul 2004, [ISO-8859-1] André Goddard Rosa wrote:

Hi, can anyone explain this:

Using Ingo's first patch when I:
echo 1 > /proc/sys/kernel/kernel_preempt

my system hang up after 2 seconds aproximately.

I had the same problem.

Using Ingo's modifications + Con's it doesn't lock anymore

Yes, my too. Maybe H3 version of Ingo's patch fixed that?

and is the best kernel that I have used to test..

Yes, 2.6.7-bk20-ck5 is really the best!

You have an earlier snapshot wich had Ingo's H2 patch which was buggy. The last snapshot I announced had Ingo's H3 patch which fixed that exact problem.

Cheers,
Con