Re: bk pull from bkbits screwy?

From: Andy Isaacson
Date: Sat Jul 10 2004 - 17:16:41 EST

On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 11:58:02PM -0700, carbonated beverage wrote:
> I sent a patch a while ago to change the bk:// to http:// in the docs,
> but was told bk:// was working again. Just did a bk pull again right now,
> and bk:// doesn't seem to be working, whereas reparenting my repo to http://
> and doing a bk pull works. Am I missing something?

How about giving the command that didn't work, and the error messages it
printed? I just did a pull using bk://linux.bkbits.net/linux-2.5 and it
succeeded:

takepatch: 25577 new revisions, 0 conflicts in 6840 files
8439936 bytes uncompressed to 36145013, 4.28X expansion
Running resolve to apply new work ...
Using :0.0 as graphical display
resolve: found 491 renames in pass 1
resolve: resolved 491 renames in pass 2
resolve: applied 6840 files in pass 4
resolve: running consistency check, please wait...
100% |=================================================================| OK
Consistency check passed, resolve complete.
straum% bk pull
Pull bk://linux.bkbits.net/linux-2.5
-> file://data/linux/linux-2.5
Nothing to pull.
straum%

There are two different URL syntaxes that start "bk://" and perhaps
you're using the wrong one. (I got caught by that one a while back.)

And yes, bk:// is preferred over http://, in general.

-andy