Re: [announce] [patch] Voluntary Kernel Preemption Patch

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Sat Jul 10 2004 - 07:12:14 EST

ismail dönmez wrote:
cartman@southpark:~$ dmesg | grep sched
Using anticipatory io scheduler

Problem is I rarely do this copy operations like once a week or 2
weeks. Guess there is no scheduler that fits both desktop usage +
these kinds of operations?

For our benefit, could you try to recreate the situation with
the cfq scheduler, and see if it still skips? If not, also do
a run with the anticpatory scheduler again to see if your
recreation was enough to cause a skip there...

That would at least point to the culprit (disk or cpu starvation)

Thanks
Nick