Re: preliminary conclusions regarding window size issues

From: bert hubert
Date: Fri Jul 09 2004 - 15:25:12 EST

On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 11:57:04PM +0200, Redeeman wrote:
> hey bert, a little update on things.
> for 2 days ago, when we chatted on irc first, i could reach lkml.org,
> however, i had played abit with various settings.. i cant get that
> working now, neither can i get tcpdump to give me info....

This has been resolved as an IPv6 routing issue - lkml.org also has an AAAA
record but Redeeman's IPv6 is not fully functional.

Regarding the packages.gentoo.org kernel, 'NQWOLK' has been coined :-)

Alessandro, shall we try the MSS clamp route to further determine what is
going on? With packages.gentoo.org the TCP behaviour confirmed that a 'smart
firewall' was to blame and not something that stamped over the wscale,
perhaps we can narrow down your problem as well.

Thanks.

--
http://www.PowerDNS.com Open source, database driven DNS Software
http://lartc.org Linux Advanced Routing & Traffic Control HOWTO